Sunday, June 24, 2007

Our new Adventure

We are about to start off on a new adventure in our family. The decision has been made and we will be homeschooling our children. It seemed like a hard decision but it really wasn't. Everything has fallen into place so far.

I was up one night really late just crying out to God about something that had happened to my oldest dd while in the care of the school district. I was asking God how I could trust the school district when they had failed my daughter. It was at that point that God reminded me of my student teaching experience. I always did well teaching one on one but I did not like teaching a class. I heard God say that he had prepared me for this task.

Prepared? Maybe. But how was I going to convince everyone else in our immediate family? I then told God that if this is what I'm suppose to do then please change all our hearts so we are in agreement.

Over the next week I prayed about it. I did not say a thing to my husband or the children. Finally, I had an opportunity to talk to my husband and his response was overwhelmingly positive. A few days later, I presented it to the girls and asked them to consider being home schooled. I knew my 2nd daughter would jump at the chance but I wasn't sure about my oldest. My oldest told me she thought it was already decided and that she wanted to.

Let the learning begin!

No comments: